We needed a cutting edge multi-vendor solution to drive our marketplace and work seamlessly with jomsocial. We tried many options but jmarket pro was by far the best we've found. So good in fact that we ended up buying the fully integrated package.
This is where we announce new releases, tutorials, tips and tricks and share what we're working on.
Joobi Responsive is Here!
We are thrilled to present the stable release of the Responsive Design of all Joobi applications. It's been a couple of months since our last release, but I think you'll be pleased with what we have in store for you today!
We've been working hard for the last 2 months reworking the front-end and admin panel design to make it look gorgeous. All our page frontend and backend are fully bootstrap 3 powered and will automatically adapt to any screen’s resolution and Bootstrap base Joomla templates. Moreover, we added some cool functionalities which allows anyone to customize the look and feel without any technical knowledge.
Here are the list of things we have done:
- New responsive front-end theme
- New responsive admin panel theme
- New responsive carousel style for any store pages and modules.
You can customize the carousel to show in 1 or more columns and rows.
- New and improved design layouts
You can show your store pages and modules in different design layouts such as Grid, List and Mini View.
- Advance Template System
You can easily tweak the colors, icons and sizes of the buttons, panes and views to fit with your requirements without any advance technical skills. Simply select, click and save!
- Performance Boost
- New and improved Multiple file upload
- By default the store layouts is configured properly so you can have a working store in no time, similar look as you can see in the demo site at beta.demo.joobi.co
- Redesigned vendor area with enhanced menu description
- New and improved advance search module
- Ability to search products by Zip Code
- Product Filters using Custom Fields
- And tons of other great improvements and fixes
All Joobi Applications is working great under Joomla 2.5 and 3.x versions (even Joomla 3.3 beta). Moreover the Responsive design is also available for Joomla 2.5 users however it will work better if you have a responsive Joomla template.
We are doing our best by making sure that the default responsive themes will look great in most Joomla templates, however we cannot guarantee it will be fully integrated with the template you are using. There are a hundred or thousands of Joomla template provider and it is impossible for us to verify each one of them works or not.
Having said that, the themes are fully tested to some of the popular Joomla template provider.
1. Joomlart.com (T3 Framework)
We love T3 and Joomlart templates. The technology they've used and the idea of T3 is very inline on how we develop our extensions. The Joobi theme has been tested to work properly using Purity III and T3 Blank template. Any T3 template should work seamlessly with Joobi Apps.
We have done our test using Afterburner 2 template.
3. Gavick Pro
We have done our test using GK Magazine template.
We have done our test using Design Control template
We have done our test using SkyPro and MetroPro template.
We have done our test using Yoo Micasa template. Take note that Yootheme is not using twitter bootstrap framework, so we cannot guarantee it's full integration.
Who can upgrade?
- In order to update to this new version you need FIRST to update to jCenter 2.15.2. You can do simply by upgrading in your jCenter with the automatic update.
- Users with an active membership/license.
New to Joobi?
Evaluate all Joobi Applications before you purchase for Free. Download it here.
How to upgrade to the responsive version?
Reminder: If you have customized the previous theme, your custom code is safe when upgrading to the new version if you used the CLONING feature in the backend.
The update is all automatic. The system will automatically send you an email when the update is available for your website. However, if you cannot wait for the "Automatic" update you can perform below manual update.
- BACK-UP and make sure it is a working backup!
- Navigate to jCenter >> Preferences >> Advance Tab
- In the Update Section and Copy and paste below URL in the Distribution Server field
http://joobiserver.com/w/production/d4 (avoid spaces)
4. Then "Check" button in the Apps page to check for updates. You should see the list of new available versions.
5. Once updated, enable the responsive front-end theme by navigating to any admin panel of your Joobi Application, then browse to Tools menu >> Themes
Activate "Joomla 3.2 Responsive Theme"
As always, if you hit any snags with the new features we've added let us know immediately and we'll fix it as soon as we can.
We are giving 20% OFF on all Joobi Membership Plans!
Yes, you read it right! This offer can be enjoyed until 4th of May 2014. Please enter this coupon upon checkout: BOOTSTRAP3-AWESOME
Please enjoy this new release, which we are convinced will save you tremendous time and money in setting up your website.